Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dreams with a Deadline

Goals. We all have them, or at least know people who have them.  Today, Chris O'Hearn put it in a new perspective and said that goals are simply dreams with deadlines.  Such a gem of a quote.  After meeting with him on Monday, I realized that a lot of the goals I have set for myself are mostly set for the approval or acceptance of other people.  So I've spent the last couple of days revising my goals and thinking of goals that are for myself without worrying what anyone else says or thinks.  So the next time you set a goal, just consider it a dream with a deadline. 

Today, I met with Chip for our weekly training session and boy, am I feeling it!  We did a lot of strength work and even brought out the TRX suspension system.  My poor arms are so sore it even hurts to drive, but can't wait for my arms to start looking cut!  They are getting there.  After my workout, I went on a nippy 3 mile walk with my momma on Townsend's bike trail.  It was super cold at first, but warmed right up once we started moving.  Tomorrow I am loading up my boxing gloves (pink ones of course) for my weekly kickboxing class, and will also train with Phil Bevins at Parkwest Therapy Center.  I'm so excited and as of right now, I weigh less than I did when I started high school.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)