Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kids Run

If today was any colder, I may have gotten frostbite, but it was a blessed day indeed.  The Covenant Health Kids Run was held this morning at the Knoxville Zoo, so Ashley and myself bundled up to go volunteer.  Upon arriving, we saw a "field mouse" scurry across the road while parking, so that sort of kicked off the entire day.  We got to meet and greet hundreds of kids who were all in their biggest coats and ready to race for one mile.  Ashley and I found a niche by the photo op section where families took photos with the mascots.  The team and I even joined in on the action.  Before the start of the race, Missy introduced us all and led all the kids and their parentals in a warm up dance:

The Biggest Winner Team

Flexing my muscles with Eddie Rabbitt.

Knees, toes, knees, hips, move a little, have some fun.  Warming up!

After such a fun morning, I headed home to Townsend and went on a 3 mile walk with my mother.  My lovely mother also went grocery shopping for me today so I have my meals for about the next 2 weeks.  Thank you Momma!  If you have not already done so, go register for the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.  And don't forget that the day before the marathon, the kids will have another run where they too will finish on the fifty yard line at Neyland Stadium and get medals.  Get the whole family involved.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day it looks like you had! I was running a 7 miler in Oak Ridge with my running buddies and YES it was soooo cold! I am registering this week for the Covenant Half! YAY! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)