Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Bag of Ice

Wahoo!  Let me begin by saying that I am now a huge believer in a new form of exercise.  Sledding.  I took some kids sledding recently since all the local schools were closed and I was so sore the next day.  Its amazing how you can be bundled up like Randy from A Christmas Story and then trek up hills over and over to get some exercise in.  So, note to self: sled more often. 

This has been a phenomenal week for me.  The Covenant Health Weight Management Center offers classes three nights a week, and we are to attend one of them.  Topics range from a comforting support group to modifying holiday recipes.  Anywho, I attended the meeting this past Thursday and upon arriving you are to weigh yourself.  If you remember in earlier posts, these scales are not normal.  They not only tell you how many pounds you weigh, but how many of those pounds are fat pounds.  It also tells your BMI, your water weight, and other information to get you motivated.  So I hopped on and when my reciept printed out with my information, I was in tears.  I had lost 10 pounds!  10 pounds.  Someone said "That's as much as a bag of ice".  10 pounds, I still cannot believe it.

No one said this was going to be an easy journey, but its a lifechanging one.  I am constantly telling my friends that this is not just some fad or some diet.  This whole experience is a complete lifestyle change, and that is exactly what I am doing.  Simple things such as drinking milk everyday, eating a fruit, journaling my food, hitting the gym, going for walks.  All these things are small improvements to make a healthier and happier me.  I am still so grateful and so blessed for the opportunity that has been presented to me and I can not wait to step on that scale next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)