Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Big Day!

This past Saturday was "D-day" as I affectionately referred to it.  It was the day that me and my Biggest Winner teammates got to meet each other for the first time and begin our exciting journey on our weight loss challenge.  First order of business was trying on our precious fleece vests with our team logo on them.  Then onto the thing I was dreading most: blood sample.  In case you didn't know, I would rather jump in the river in January than look at, think about, or let alone give blood.  But I was a trooper and let her poke my innocent finger and take a sample.  The whole purpose behind this was to check our cholesterol and glucose levels. 

After this minor incident of torture, we feasted in Einstein bagels, coffee, and fruit.  Yummy, and I loved how they were already feeding us.  After a short information session we recieved our gym membership passes, and a voucher for a free pair of running shoes from New Balance Knoxville.  Such fun swag!  Then, the fun began.  We got to participate in a group photo shoot!  I felt famous for about 20 minutes, and the camera crew even filmed us a little bit.  Woohoo for stardom!  I genuinely felt like I was on NBC! 

Now, let me begin by saying that after stepping on our scale for our initial weigh in, I really cannot comprehend how the real Biggest Loser people get on that scale in front of millions of people.  I could barely get on in front of one person.  This was no ordinary scale either.  You had to get on barefoot and not only did it tell you how much you actually weighed, but how many of those pounds were pounds of fat.  It told your fat mass, your body mass index, your muscle weight, your water renention.  Then, to add insult to injury, it printed all of this info out on a little receipt.  Oh the joy.  But if this is what it takes to lose this weight and win this competition, then I'm all for it.

Wonderful team sign
Bet you won't recognize us in a few months

Showing off our muscle, or what will soon be muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)