Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meeting the Main Marathon Man

Today, I had the opportunity to attend a press conference at Neyland Stadium that focused on the marathon.  I was so blessed to meet the mayor of Knoxville, the president/CEO of Covenant Health, and Stewart Ellington!  When it comes to road racing, I am somewhat of a nerd and actually follow certain people who tend to lead the front of the pack.  Stewart has won the Knoxville Marathon not once, but twice.  That is such an incredible feat and I was starstruck to actually get to meet him today.  I braved up and asked for a photo with him and it was probably one of the best moments of 2011.  The best thing is that he is so humble and so ordinary.  When I think of marathon winners, I think of these arrogant people who know they are superb runners and just want to brag.  But Stewart was so encouraging and really gave me some confidence about the race on Sunday.  It was such a blessing to have met him today.

Me and Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)