Sunday, March 6, 2011

Women Today Expo

What a busy week it has been!  I know it has been a little bit since my last post, but this week has been full of papers and tests since I am on Spring Break next week.  Yesterday, I spent the day at the Women Today Expo at the Knoxville Convention Center.  I spent the first half of the day working at the Covenant Health booth handing out free prizes and checking women's blood pressure.  Then for the afternoon, Missy Kane and my fellow female team members took the spotlight on the conversation stage.  We shared our stories with so many women and told them our "secrets" to weight loss.  Being able to share my story and inspire other women was truly a blessing and am so grateful for such a public platform to pay it forward.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow at 7am on PBS to see me and Missy Kane sweat it out through some low impact kickboxing.  We now have 28 days left until the big marathon day.  I'm getting a little nervous and trying my hardest to lose the last little bit of weight in order to hit my goal by race day.  I'm not going to lie, the past couple of days have been rough as far as eating goes.  I have not made healthy choices as far as food goes, and the scale reflects that.  But tomorrow, its back to the grind and hopefully Chip will have mercy on my soul.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the WTE every year! And every year I say, "I am going next year!" Darn it to birthdays and Girl Scout things getting in the way. haha
    I would have loved to be there to hear your "secrets." Good luck in the coming 28 days to reach your pre race weight loss goal! I cannot believe that I will be running my first half marathon in 28 days. I have a weight loss goal by then too. Guess I better crank things up to get there!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)