Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Three Days Later

I'm alive!  I am still living on cloud nine after Sunday, but it is time to get back to reality (and hopefully training).  Monday was rest day and I barely moved all day.  It was nice to just take a lazy day and relax.  I also discovered on Monday that I have a little nagging injury in my left foot, so yesterday I went to the Parkwest Therapy Center for the post marathon clinic.  The pain is in the outside left of my foot and continues into the ankle.  I suffered a stress fracture on the same foot last year, so I was worried that it was resurfacing.  But after talking to my physical therapist yesterday, my mind was put at ease.  Apparently its a minor sprain/strain on the tiny bones in my ankle.  Her prescription: rest and ice.  She said I should be good as new in two weeks, just in time for my birthday.

Tomorrow the Biggest Winner is announced, so stay tuned for a post about that.  Also in other unrelated news, I am leaving tomorrow night for Nashville and will be there until Sunday.  I am volunteering as a college staffer for the Youth in Government Conference so I will actually get to spend some time on Capitol Hill and in the Senate chambers.  AND, Sunday afternoon I am meeting my friend Valerie who lives in Nashville and we are going to her gym to ZUMBA.  How fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your foot, but I am so glad you had it checked out at the clinic. Sure hope it heals soon! I can't wait to run with you on your bday!!!!
    Wow! Sounds like an exciting weekend for you. Have fun and be sure to take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)