Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!

I hope all you readers had a very happy Valentine's Day.  I would consider this Valentine's Day my best one yet.  It began with a lovely outside walk with Chris for our life coach session.  Speaking of outside, the weather was beyond phenomenal yesterday!  Then I was off to endure an hour of hardwork with Chip.  By the time I left the gym, I was definitely hurting.  But the good kind of hurt, of course.  I weighed in yesterday, and to my surprise I was 197, which is a huge accomplishment. 

After an eventful morning, I picked up my good friend Yvonne's kids from school.  Their 10 year old son really loves fitness and being outside so I decided I would let him "coach" me.  So we headed up to the local football field to work on speed and agility.  He had me do cone drills, suicides, hill repeats, sprints, and I even backpedaled.  We did that for about an hour, then headed back to their house to jump on the trampoline and play some basketball.  Then, we took a huge tractor tire, and did squats to lift it up, then pushed it over.  This happened over and over and over.  I was wore out.  Just when I thought my Valentine's Day was over, their dad brought home festive balloons and chocolate covered strawberries for us.


Me with the infamous tractor tire.

Thank you, Uncle Nanc, for the chocolate covered strawberries.

After going home, my mother decided we should go walk the bike trail, so we headed back up to Yvonne's house to walk some more.  Momma, Yvonne and myself ended up doing almost 5 miles and it was dark outside by the time we were done.  I was in bed by 9:15 and slept til past 9 this morning. Needless to say, I was wore completely out.  The good news?  I had a perfect Valentine's Day and when I weighed myself this morning, I was a lovely 195.  Yeehaw.  Hope y'all found love on V-Day, but if not, you can always love yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome day! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)