Thursday, June 9, 2011

Battle of the Bike

If you can recall back when I made my summer goals you might remember that one of my goals was to bike 50 miles.  To me, that is a pretty big feat. Then yesterday I mentioned that I would be going on my first road bike trip today.  Guess what??  I totally did!  I met three of Missy's friends at Coulter's Bridge this morning to bike.  Carol even let me borrow her bike, so props to her for trusting me with her precious Fuji.  I am in love with that bike and I totally flew today!

Ready for my first road bike trip!


The ladies with me were going to ride up to the Foothills Parkway, so after about 3 miles, they left me.  The thought of being alone for the rest of the ride really freaked me out, but I kept peddaling.  I had a few encounters with wildlife that included 2 dogs, 2 turtles and a snake.  Then a dang black cat crossed the road.  Thank God that wasn't a bad sign for the rest of the morning. Nothing could stop me from taking pictures of myself!

Hello skinny arm.

I swear I went more than 3mph.  I just had to go super slow to take pics!

After getting into Townsend, I actually rode on the main road.  I stayed on the shoulder for the most part, and people surprisingly got over for me.  Thanks car people!  After staying and riding around Townsend and chomping on some sports beans, I was headed back to Maryville.

Fuel of choice.


Yeah, that says 36 miles. 


Getting back to the parking area was the best feeling in the world.  I checked Garmin and to my surprise had biked over 36 miles!  Insert applause here.  Before too long I will have that 50 miles nailed, so look out world. I hope my biking gurus Nina Laughlin and Brett Morgan are crazy proud of the pain my rear end is in right now. Alright kiddos, what have you done to make your Thursday morning awesome??

1 comment:

  1. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Kelsey!!!! You are so awesome !I admire you. I'm not sure I can get on a bike other than the one in spin class. And I LOVE me some sports beans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)