Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday

1.  I ran today.  Sort of.  I walked more than I ran.  But I moved my body. For 7 miles. And I've lost 6 pounds since yesterday morning.  Who am I??  And no, I did not celebrate with cupcakes.  But my coworker brought these to work the other day, and they look just dandy.

Mmmmm sin.

2.  I bought two new running books today.  They aren't the usual "how to" books I usually buy that just talk about how to run; they actually tell stories about running.  One was What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami.  The other was My Life On The Run by Bart Yasso.  I can't wait to add these to my stack of "must read" selections that I have building up.

3.  John Smartt might be one of the oldest members of Knoxville Track Club.  He loyally comes to almost every 5k with a timex around his neck and his trusty walker.  On Labor Day, he competed in the track club's mile race and even did it in the rain!  Inspired?  You should be.  He even beat my friend Chelsea at a race recently and she is 22!!!  No excuses not to exercise after seeing this man.

Racing in the rain.  Get it, John Smartt

What are three super cool things on your mind right now? Read any good books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)