Thursday, July 21, 2011

Umm, gelato not so coolato.

After a hard day of working today, I met up with my girl Ashley to head into Knoxvegas.  We had to go to a meeting at her work, so I socialized among her coworkers while she pretended to be all grown up.  Boring.  Butttt she promised me that if I was a good girl and behaved myself, then we would go out for gelato afterwards.

Ummmm, yay Mom!  We left our GP at home so trying to find our way to the gelato shop was a little scary with all the homeless people from downtown checking us white girls out.  Lock doors.  Now.  We finally made it and Ashley parked on the street by a meter (such a big girl), and we went in.  It was our first time there, so we got a feel for the place and had a few samples too.

At least the sign looked cool.


After testing our tastes on baby spoons, we both settled on a combination of Chocolate and Birthday Cake.  We are twinsies remember.  I had to pick my jaw off the ground when they said that it would be six dollars...for one.  I paid anyway since we were "experiencing new things".  We grabbed a seat and I really liked the rich, thick, heavy taste until I found a hair in my gelato.

Shut the front door, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, do not ever come back.  Post our momentary freakout, we trashed our cups and got the heck outta there.  One thing Ashley and I do not do is hair in our food.  Oh well.  Props to us for trying something new.

That's twelve dollars, people.  Ebony and Ivory.


It is what it is.  But tomorrow I have to wake up SUPER early to meet Ashley and give her some visual aids for her summer school speech class.  BFF of the year award, I know. Then I'm gonna go for a quick run then meet up with my biking ladies for some tubing.  Pip Pip Hooray.  Get it, shawty.  Oh, and in case you weren't already jealous of my super awesome life, check out the presh bow that Ashley has on her gearshift.

How preshhhhh.

Tell me, have you ever had gelato?  Was it coolato?  What all did your Wednesday consist of?

4 comments:

  1. I love gelato but not with hair in it! I live in the Boston area and we have a local italian community where they have some delicious gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grody. Hair in food makes me gag.
    No gelato for me but I love me some Froyoz...we should go for a long run and then have Froyoz sometime. I will even buy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWWW. And that price is outrageous! I would have just walked away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i kinda love gelato. coconut is amazing! but not for those prices. not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make this gal sooo happy :)